Originally Posted by John Brady.
Modified by Dale Clinton on Aug. 2nd, 2001
Upload Terms and Conditions: (Posting Rules)
1) Only upload pictures of interest to the Ford Model-A users of this web site. This isn't a personal picture exchange so pictures should pertain to the Ford Model-A and Model-A events.
2) Only upload files of type '.gif', '.jpg', '.jpeg' or '.png' graphics. All attempts to upload other file types will be rejected.
3) Only upload files that are 3MB or less in size. All others will be rejected.
4) All uploads are logged by user, time and date and IP number.
5) Any user found uploading files of an adult content or that are of no interest to the Model-A users who frequent the Ahooga Web site will be warned. If it happens again the user will be banned from uploading and their username and password will be revolked.
6) All graphics and/or pictures uploaded to Ahooga.Com can be used in any way to promote the Ahooga.Com web site.
7) Any graphics and/or pictures uploaded may be removed by Ahooga.Com and Dale Clinton for any reason.
8) If you agree to all of the above rules (1 through 7) you can now go to the User Sign-Up Page and register.
Procedure to Upload Pictures:
1) EDIT (crop,cut,color,etc) the picture you want to upload by using your favorite imaging program. The image file type must be either '.JPG', '.JPEG', '.GIF' or '.PNG' and "NOT .BMP" or ".TIF"! Files of type '.JPG' are normally best.
2) RESIZE your file so that it is less than 100KB (this makes it load faster than big files and saves some of Dale's Disk Space!) and the upload program won't upload any file larger than 100Kb.
3) Click the "Upload Pictures" link in the "Site Links" portion on the left of this Web page
4) On the "Ahooga File Transfer Page!"
a) Scroll down to the "File Name:" box
5) Click on the button "Upload File!"
b) Click on the "Browse…" button, which will bring up a smaller window called "File Upload". This window is used to select the file to place into the "File Name:" box.
c) Click on the down arrow of the "Files of type:" box that already has "HTML Files" shown in it.
d) Select "All Files (*.*)"
e) Find and highlight (select) the file you want from the proper directory.
f) Press the "Open" button. This will put your file name into the "File Name:" box.
6) A status page should appear showing either a successful upload or an Error Message. Also listed is the number of bytes and the "Link URL" you can cut and past to the "WWWBoard Post page" so others can view your picture!
7) If a "Error Message" occurs just follow the instructions. Typical errors are, File size greater than 100kb, File of that name already exixts, or special charaters in file name.
8) After your file has successfully uploaded go to the "Ahooga View Graphics Page!" and click on the "Latest Directory which represents the highest directory number. This will take you to the "Ahooga Picture View Page" page. Here you can see a list of files which should include the one(s) you just uploaded.
9) If you have more files to upload, repeat steps 4 through 6 for each file.
Procedure to Add or Embed a file in a Message or Classified Ad:
1) Go to the "Ahooga.Com Upload Area File Listing" page (see #8 above).
2) Copy your file's address (or URL) by putting the mouse arrow (or pointing finger) directly on your file's name. Press and release the RIGHT mouse button, move pointer to "Copy Link Location" and click the either mouse button.
3) Go to either The "Ford Model-A" WWWBoard Post a New Message Page or open the message that you want to respond to and move down to the "Post a Followup Message:" section or to the "Add Classified Item" Page.
4) Put the mouse pointer in the "If you have an Image to show others place Image URL here:" box and click the RIGHT button, move pointer to "Paste' and click either button. Viola! You should now have your EXACT uploaded file URL in the box.
5) If you have completed your message (typed your name, e-mail address, etc) press "Post The Message" or "Submit Follow Up" whichever is showing.
6) You have now added a picture to your message posting!!!!
It is that easy to put a file, picture or whatever to
link to on the Ahooga Server!!!