Ford Model-A Notebook|
Here's the text of the instructions I got with my Solid State Cutout
Kit. Author is unknown (but the instructions work!)
1. File or grind off spot welds on bottom plate of the cutout (2 or three of them).
2. Turn cutout upside down in a piece of 2" pipe and drive the cover off.
3. Remove 4 6-32 screws in the sides of the coil bracket (not from the bottom).
4. Unsolder the large coil from the small bracket and the small wire from the base.
5. With a hacksaw, cut off one side of the coil bracket and continue to cut through the base of the coil and its core.
6. In the remaining side of the bracket, drill a hole starting with a 1/4" bit and work up to 1/2". This is so the hole will be round.
7. At this point, the cover and base may be cad plated with no ill effects to the insulators. Before plating, degrease and lightly sandblast or wire brush the metal to remove rust.
8. To install the diode, set it in the hole and press it in using a 7/16" or 1/2" deep socket or a tool designed for installing diodes. Use a 5/8" socket so support the bracket under the diode.
9. Bend the diode lead over and solder it to the small bracket.
10. Reinstall the cover (B to battery terminal) solder at seal.
--------------------- Rick Black Medford, Oregon USA email@example.com ---------------------
Updated 10:03am Sunday, Dec. 6th, 1998
This page has [an error occurred while processing this directive] since Aug. 26th, 2001. [an error occurred while processing this directive]